Hearing on Aseemanand`s bail application posted to May 4
Jaipur: A CBI court on Monday posted to May 4 the
hearing of the bail application of Swami Aseemanand, an
accused in several terror cases, including Ajmer Dargah blast.
The hearing in the case, which was scheduled for today,
was instead posted for May 4.
The 2007 blast at the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin
Chishti in Ajmer had left three persons dead and 15 injured.
Right wing activist Aseemanand had earlier sought bail
along with another accused in the case -- Bharat Bhai.
Aseemanand moved a petition seeking bail on technical
grounds citing Section 167 (2) of CrPC which states a person
cannot be kept in custody for more than 90 days during
A local court on April 30 extended the judicial custody of
Aseemanand and Bharat Bhai till May 14 on an appeal by the
National Investigation Agency.
The accused were produced before the court of Magistrate C
N Mathur, who extended their judicial custody on a plea by the
The NIA has sought time to submit a charge sheet against
the two accused.
Aseemananad also filed a bail application through the
defence lawyer. The matter will be taken up for hearing on May
Two other accused Harshad and Mukesh Wasani, against
whom the charge sheet was filed, were also produced
before the court.
Aseemanand, prime accused in Hyderabad`s Mecca Masjid
blast case, had in his confessional statement recorded by a
magistrate here on December 12, 2010 said he and several other
Sangh activists had a direct role in the blasts, including
those at Malegaon, Samjhauta Express, Ajmer dargah and Mecca
Masjid in Hyderabad.
The NIA was handed over the investigation of the case by
Hindu outfits on April 6, 2011. The case was previously
handled by by ATS, Rajasthan.
The ATS has already filed charge sheets against Devendra
Gupta, Lokesh Sharma and Chandrasheker before the District
However, Chandrasheker obtained bail from High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack