Hearing on Hasan Ali`s discharge plea deferred
Mumbai: A local court on Thursday adjourned to next week the hearing on an application filed by Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan seeking discharge from the money laundering case.
In his application, made recently, he argued that there
was no offence made against him under the Prevention of Money
"Khan has filed a discharge application and we will file
reply in the court," said an Enforcement Directorate official,
adding a supplementary charge sheet in the case is likely to
The Enforcement Directorate had alleged that Khan and
Kolkata-based businessman and co-accused Kashinath Tapuriah
laundered billions of dollars in foreign banks, of which a
large chunk was obtained by Khan through the sale of weapons
to international arms dealer, Adnan Khashoggi.
Khan is also facing a huge tax demand notice from the
Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!