Hearing on Hasan Ali`s discharge plea deferred
Mumbai: A local court on Thursday adjourned to next week the hearing on an application filed by Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan seeking discharge from the money laundering case.
In his application, made recently, he argued that there
was no offence made against him under the Prevention of Money
"Khan has filed a discharge application and we will file
reply in the court," said an Enforcement Directorate official,
adding a supplementary charge sheet in the case is likely to
The Enforcement Directorate had alleged that Khan and
Kolkata-based businessman and co-accused Kashinath Tapuriah
laundered billions of dollars in foreign banks, of which a
large chunk was obtained by Khan through the sale of weapons
to international arms dealer, Adnan Khashoggi.
Khan is also facing a huge tax demand notice from the
Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'