Hearing on Swamy`s plea against Raja deferred
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Sunday deferred till
May 26 the hearing on a plea by Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy who had levelled some fresh allegations against former
telecom minister A Raja, the key accused in the 2G spectrum
Special CBI Judge O P Saini, who had dismissed last month
Swamy`s plea to make Home Minister P Chidambaram a co-accused
in the case, had said the hearing on Swamy`s compliant, which
also had some additional allegations against Raja would resume
The court adjourned the hearing for May 26 after Swamy`s
counsel Tarun Goomber said the matter for making Chidambaram a
co-accused in the case was pending before the Supreme Court.
"The matter is pending in the Supreme Court and we are
hoping that order would come soon. Please adjourn the matter
for mid-May," Goomber said about the appeal filed by Swamy
against the special judge`s February 4 order which had
dismissed his plea against Chidambaram.
The judge also condoned his abscence from the court today
on his plea for exemption from personal appearance for the day
as he was in Chennai.
The court had earlier dismissed Swamy`s plea to make
Chidambaram an accused in the 2G case saying he did not
indulge in any criminal conspiracy or derived any pecuniary
advantage in the decisions taken with Raja.
Giving a clean chit to Chidambaram, who was the finance
minister during the controversial allocation of 2G spectrum in
2008, the court had said he was party to only two decisions --
keeping spectrum prices at 2001 level and dilution of equity
by two companies and they "are not per se criminal" offence.
The court had said there was no evidence on record to
suggest that there was an agreement between Chidambaram and
Raja to subvert telecom policy and obtain pecuniary advantage
for himself or for any other person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM