Heart-to-heart exchanges will boost ties: Wen
New Delhi: As curtains drew on the year-
long festival of China in India, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao
on Thursday night said heart-to-heart exchanges between the people of
two countries will help in further enhancing ties.
"Heart-to-heart exchanges between the two countries
will help in further boosting the ties between China and
India," the visiting premier said at a ceremony where artistes
put up a dazzling show of fusion of the two ancient cultures.
"The outcome of my visit has been successful. We can
say that an Asian century has arrived," he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who addressed the
gathering at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, said, "We also open
our hearts and minds to usher in the next decades of India-
China friendship and cooperation."
Singh said the cooperation between the two neighbours
will be the keystone of the Asian century that is unfolding.
"I appreciate the personal role by Wen in advancing
the strategic partnership. This has laid the ground work for
the future India China relations," he said.
"Universally, it has been acknowledged that 21st
century is Asian century. In the 21st century, India and China
will march together as friends and not as rivals," he said.
"We must close the information gap between the two
countries and know about each country`s development on our own
rather than through third countries," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video