Heat in Cabinet over Jairam`s green China deal
New Delhi: The meeting of the Union Cabinet
on Wednesday witnessed a few moments of heated debate over
Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh`s last-minute proposal for
an agreement with China on green technologies.
Some members of the Cabinet raised the issue of Ramesh`s
ministry pushing through the proposal for a Memorandum of
Understanding on modernizing power grids, clean energy
research and green transportation options.
A senior minister said some members of the Cabinet raised
the issue of Ramesh reportedly "muscling" his proposal without
consulting ministries concerned.
"This issue was debated," another minister said adding
that the Cabinet approved the signing of the MoU after the
intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Reports had it that only the Ministry of External Affairs
had granted permission to the proposal while the Ministries of
Power and Coal, Commerce and Science and Technology were yet
to give their comments on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling