Heat stroke claims three CRPF jawans, 18 under treatment
Gwalior: Three CRPF personnel undergoing
training here died due to heat stoke while 18 others fell ill
today, police said.
After finishing their training at the CRPF Central
Training College, the personnel were returning to their
barracks when they started vomiting and fell unconscious,
They were immediately rushed to J A hospital where Dinesh
Khotari, S N Yadav and K Vinayakam died, they said.
The condition of 17 of the CRPF men was reported to be
stable but condition of one is serious, they said.
Most of the personnel who suffered the heat stroke have
come from Jammu and Kashmir, doctor Puneet Rastogi, who is
treating the jawans, said.
"It appears that they could not withstand the heat wave
condition prevailing in the city, especially they were coming
from Jammu and Kashmir," he said.
Over 300 CRPF personnel are currently undergoing training
at the Centre.
The maximum temperature touched 46.7 degrees Celsius in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...