Heat stroke claims three CRPF jawans, 18 under treatment
Gwalior: Three CRPF personnel undergoing
training here died due to heat stoke while 18 others fell ill
today, police said.
After finishing their training at the CRPF Central
Training College, the personnel were returning to their
barracks when they started vomiting and fell unconscious,
They were immediately rushed to J A hospital where Dinesh
Khotari, S N Yadav and K Vinayakam died, they said.
The condition of 17 of the CRPF men was reported to be
stable but condition of one is serious, they said.
Most of the personnel who suffered the heat stroke have
come from Jammu and Kashmir, doctor Puneet Rastogi, who is
treating the jawans, said.
"It appears that they could not withstand the heat wave
condition prevailing in the city, especially they were coming
from Jammu and Kashmir," he said.
Over 300 CRPF personnel are currently undergoing training
at the Centre.
The maximum temperature touched 46.7 degrees Celsius in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!