Heat wave back in northern states
New Delhi: After a brief respite, the heat
wave was back in north India today with mercury touching the
45-degree mark at a number of places in the region.
Even the summer resort Shimla in Himachal Pradesh, where
people from plains retreat to escape blistering heat, recorded
a comparatively hot day at 29.4 degree Celsius, a rise by over
a notch than yesterday.
Una was the hottest place in the hilly state at 42.2 C
followed by Mandi 39.4 C, Sundernagar 39.1 C and Nahan 37.6 C.
In the plains, Churu in Rajasthan was the hottest at 45.4
C followed by Sriganganagar at 45.2 degrees. Pilani, Kota,
Bikaner, Jaipur and Barmer too reeled at 43.7 C, 43.5 C, 42.7
C, 42.4 C and 42.2 degrees respectively.
National capital Delhi endured a hot day with the maximum
rising to 42.5 degree Celsius, over two notches above normal,
and the minimum settling at 28 degrees. The week-end was not
that hot for the capital as the mercury remained below 40
degree Celsius. However, the temperature showed an upward
trend in the past couple of days.
Mercury showed a rising trend in Punjab and Haryana where
Ludhiana and Hissay sizzled at 45 degree Celsius each.
Blistering heat swept Amritsar and Patiala, with both
places recording a maximum of 44.6 C and 44 C respectively.
Ambala was hot at 43.5 C, up by three degrees, and the maximum
in Karnal settled at 43.2 C, three notches above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam