Heat wave continues across North India
New Delhi: Rising temperatures coupled with high humidity levels made people swelter across North India which remained under the grip of a severe heat wave.
The maximum temperature in capital Delhi was recorded at 41.6 degrees celsius, five degrees above normal and the minimum was 30.4 degrees celsius, two notches above normal.
In Rajasthan, Churu continued to remain the hottest place recording a maximum temperature of 44.1 degrees celsius followed by SriGanganagar at 42.8 degrees.
Bikaner, Barmer, Jaipur and Jaisalmer recorded maximum temperatures of 40.5, 40, 39.8 and 39.5 degrees respectively while other places recorded day temperatures between 37.4 degrees celsius and 39.3 degrees.
The weather would be mainly dry in parts of the state during the next 48 hours.
There was no respite from the heat wave for people in Uttar Pradesh, who continued to swelter in above normal temperatures.
Most parts of the state were under the grip of heat wave conditions, which would continue to prevail for the next two days, the MET department said.
After respite for a couple of days, the maximum temperature in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday soared by upto two degrees celsius.
The maximum temperature hovered between one to four degrees celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Hisar recorded the highest day temperature in the region with a high of 42.7 degrees celsius, up by three notches, while Rohtak settled at a high of 42.3 degrees celsius, four notches above normal.
The maximum temperature at Amritsar and Bhiwani was 41.6 degrees celsius, four notches above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in