Heat wave continues unabated; Sriganganagar at 45.1 c
New Delhi: The heat wave across the
country continued unabated with Sriganganagar in Rajasthan
baking at a high of 45.1 degree celsius.
The mercury stayed above the normal in the desert
state as Barmer recorded a maximum temperature of 44.8 degrees
and Jaisalmer experienced a high of 44.4 degrees.
The state capital saw the mercury settle at 41.1
degrees, the Met office said.
Jaisalmer, Churu, Jodhpur and Bikaner recorded maximum
temperatures of 44.4, 43.8, 43.4 and 43.2 degrees
In the national capital, today`s daytime temperature
was the highest in the last five years for this day at 41.2
degree, the Met office said, adding it was five notches above
normal. Night-time temperature was registered at 24.1 degrees,
up from the usual by four degrees.
In Himachal Pradesh, the absence of rain saw the
mercury rise. The Queen of the Hills saw the mercury settle at
28.2 degrees, while Sundernagar, Bhuntar, Dharamsala and Una
experienced highs of 37.6, 35.1, 33.2 and 39.6 degrees
Jammu and Kashmir saw maximum temperatures settle
above normal as the twin capitals Srinagar and Jammu saw the
mercury touch 25.4 and 39.3 degrees, the Met office said.
The highest temperature of 26.9 degrees in the valley
was recorded in Kupwara while the lowest temperature of 21.2
degrees was recorded in Pahalgam. Katra, the base camp for the
Vaishnodevi pilgrimage saw the mercury settle at 35.7 degrees.
Daytime temperatures were also above normal in many
places in western and central India where Ahmedabad, Bhuj,
Bhopal and Nagpur recorded highs of 42, 44, 40 and 45 degrees
respectively, the Met office said.
In the eastern region, Gaya sizzled at 45 degrees and
Jamshedpur at 44 degrees while it was 40 degrees in Patna.
Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata experienced daytime temperatures of
40 and 36 degrees respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in