Heat wave lingers with humid condition, 2 die in Haryana
New Delhi: Lingering heat wave coupled with humid condition affected normal life in Northern region as two persons lost their lives in Sirsa district of Haryana due to scorching Sun.
Temperature in national capital hovered around 40 degree Celsius with high humidity levels.
The maximum touched 40.7 deg C and the minimum settled at 32.6. Both maximum and minimum temperatures were five notches above normal.
Humidity oscillated between 45 and 62 percent.
Day temperatures hovered between one to six degrees above normal in Punjab and Haryana, where high humidity levels added to the woes of the people.
Hisar was hottest place in the region with the mercury settling at 45 deg C, up by six notches, the Met office said here.
Narnaul had a high of 44.7 deg C, up by six degrees, the maximum temperature at Amritsar was 43.2 deg C, also six notches above normal.
Chandigarh recorded 37.6 deg C, up by two notches and Ambala recorded 36.3 deg C, up by one degree.
After yesterday`s 48.6 deg C, Churu in Rajasthan again recorded a high of 48 deg C, followed by Sriganganagar at 47.8 deg C.
Bikaner, Barmer, Jodhpur and Jaipur recorded maximum of 46.5, 45.5, 44 and 43.6 deg C respectively while other places registered day temperature between 38.5 deg C and 43 deg C, according to Met department.
Thunder storm accompanied by light rains may occur at isolated places in the state during the next 24 hours, according to a forecast.
The mercury level in most parts of Uttar Pradesh remained above normal with Etawah recording 43.8 deg C, the Met office said.
The temperature remained variably high at Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Faizabad, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Moradabad, Jhansi, Agra, Bareilly and Meerut divisions, the office said.
Meanwhile, the South-West monsoon is likely to enter the state in the next few days with conditions favouring its further advancement, the Met predicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon