Heavy security ahead of Aarushi-Hemraj murder verdict
New Delhi: Ahead of the verdict into the sensational Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case Monday, the Uttar Pradesh police put in place the heavy security around the court premises.
In the Ghaziabad court, Special judge Shyam Lal is likely to pronounce judgment around 11:30 a.m., nearly five-and-a-half years after Aarushi Talwar (14) and domestic worker Hemraj Banjhare were found murdered at the flat of her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in Noida May 15, 2008.
The Talwar-couple is charged with murder and destruction of evidence with common intention. Rajesh Talwar has additionally been charged under Section 203 of the Indian Penal Code for lodging a false initial FIR in the case with Noida police.
A large number of media also gathered to cover the case.
The case was initially investigated by Uttar Pradesh Police, however, a fortnight after the murders, the case was handed over to Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) May 31, 2008.
The charges against the couple were framed May 25, 2012, and the trial began after that.
The CBI case is based purely on circumstantial evidence because of the lack of direct evidence against the two accused.
During the trial, the agency maintained that murders were committed by the two accused as no outsider seemed to be involved. Of the four persons present at the L-32 house, two were found murdered, the agency said.
CBI lawyer R.K. Saini maintained that there was no proof of any outsider`s entry, the scene of crime had been heavily dressed up, Aarushi`s body had been tampered and Hemraj`s body was concealed on the terrace of the flat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH