Heavy security around Chinese embassy in New Delhi
New Delhi: A day after Tibetan activists tried to storm the Chinese embassy here, heavy security was deployed to avoid any untoward incident on the 51st anniversary of Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule Wednesday.
"Large number of security personnel have been deployed around the Chinese embassy in Chanakyapuri to deal with any situation keeping in mind the anniversary of Tibetan uprising," said Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) S. Dash.
Around 30 Tibetan activists, including women, were detained Tuesday when they tried to storm the heavily guarded Chinese embassy as part of their protest.
The Dalai Lama fled into exile in 1959 and established his government-in-exile at McLeodganj, near Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh. It is not recognised by any country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj