Heavy security around Chinese embassy in New Delhi
New Delhi: A day after Tibetan activists tried to storm the Chinese embassy here, heavy security was deployed to avoid any untoward incident on the 51st anniversary of Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule Wednesday.
"Large number of security personnel have been deployed around the Chinese embassy in Chanakyapuri to deal with any situation keeping in mind the anniversary of Tibetan uprising," said Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) S. Dash.
Around 30 Tibetan activists, including women, were detained Tuesday when they tried to storm the heavily guarded Chinese embassy as part of their protest.
The Dalai Lama fled into exile in 1959 and established his government-in-exile at McLeodganj, near Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh. It is not recognised by any country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days