Heightened security at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: The Mumbai international airport was
today put under heightened security alert following inputs
from central intelligence agencies about a possible airborne
attack on the country`s busiest airport.
The alert was issued from New Delhi, sources said.
Without identifying any terror group that could possibly
strike at the Mumbai airport, the Intelligence Bureau report
said it could be like a 9/11 attack on the World Trade Centre.
However, when contacted, a senior official of the Air
Intelligence Unit at the Mumbai airport, as well the Sahar
Police, under whose jurisdiction the airport falls, said they
had not received any fresh intelligence inputs from the IB
Earlier this month, the IB had warned that a small plane
could be used to carry out an airborne terror attack on the
Mumbai airport, following which, security was beefed up at the
A spokesperson of the Mumbai airport said, "To check the
preparedness of the all the security wings of the airport,
there was a mock terminal evacuation drill between 1335 hrs
and 1410 hrs at the busiest airport today."
"During the drill, domestic terminals 1A and 1C were
successfully evacuated within the given time," she said adding
that the airport regularly conducts such mock drills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'