Held for trying to send Tibetan abroad, official denied bail
New Delhi: An immigration official posted at the IGI Airport here and three others, arrested for allegedly trying to send a Tibetan to Switzerland through Kenya without valid travel travel documents, have been denied bail by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Sameer Bajpai denied bail pleas to immigration official Devender Singh Panwar and his three accomplices saying investigation is still at its initial stage.
"The accused persons have been named in the disclosure statement of the passenger (Wangchuk). The investigation is still at its initial stage," ACMM Bajpai said, adding that more people are to to arrested and interrogated in the case.
The three co-accused, Vidhyadhar, Vinit Bose and Anil Kumar Teotia were also denied bail by the court.
The accused were arrested after Tibetan refugee Jigmey Singe Wangchuk was found trying to board a Kenyan Airlines flight at the IGI Airport on July 31.
According to the police, Wangchuk was detained at the IGI Airport on July 31 after the immigration officials conducted a surprise check at the boarding gate of Kenyan Airlines flight KQ-221.
The court, had also dismissed the bail plea of Wangchuk earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater signs new five-year contract
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya