Held for trying to send Tibetan abroad, official denied bail
New Delhi: An immigration official posted at the IGI Airport here and three others, arrested for allegedly trying to send a Tibetan to Switzerland through Kenya without valid travel travel documents, have been denied bail by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Sameer Bajpai denied bail pleas to immigration official Devender Singh Panwar and his three accomplices saying investigation is still at its initial stage.
"The accused persons have been named in the disclosure statement of the passenger (Wangchuk). The investigation is still at its initial stage," ACMM Bajpai said, adding that more people are to to arrested and interrogated in the case.
The three co-accused, Vidhyadhar, Vinit Bose and Anil Kumar Teotia were also denied bail by the court.
The accused were arrested after Tibetan refugee Jigmey Singe Wangchuk was found trying to board a Kenyan Airlines flight at the IGI Airport on July 31.
According to the police, Wangchuk was detained at the IGI Airport on July 31 after the immigration officials conducted a surprise check at the boarding gate of Kenyan Airlines flight KQ-221.
The court, had also dismissed the bail plea of Wangchuk earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song