Help starts pouring in for 26/11 victim`s family
Mumbai: Moved by the plight of 36-year-old
Shyamsundar Chaudhary, who was seriously injured in the 26/11
Mumbai terror attacks, donors from the city and far off places
like Dubai and US have come to the rescue of the family.
"I met Baby Chaudhary, the blast victim`s wife today and
handed over a cheque of Rs 50,000 to her," Congress MLA
Krishna Hegde said.
"Someone has sent Rs 25,000 from Dubai. Another donor
called from the US, offering funds. Through Facebook, I am
appealing my friends to help the family," Hegde said.
The MLA said reports that the family wrote to him and the
Chief Minister, seeking mercy killing for Shyamsundar as he
was unable to bear pain, were false.
"The family merely said they were living in such a
condition that death would be preferable than living with this
unbearable pain," he added.
A donor has sent two water beds as Shyamsundar has bed
sores, Baby said.
"I spoke to Anil Malik, a senior official at the ITC
group, and he has offered Baby a job at their five star hotel
in the city," Hegde said.
Shyamsunder Chaudhary is recuperating at his home in
suburban Vile Parle. He worked in the packing unit of a
leading biscuit company and was injured in a taxi blast
on November 26, 2008, while returning home from work.
He received severe injuries on his head, shoulder and
hands and during the course of his treatment, lost his memory.
Shyamsunder, who lives with his wife, two children,
sister and his parents, was the sole bread-winner of his
The seven-member household survives on the Rs 6,000
salary of his sister Meena, who works in a telemarketing firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars