Helpline for students ahead of board exam results
New Delhi: A helpline to counsel students before and after the announcement of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 results will be launched Thursday, an NGO`s representative said.
Available from May 24 to June 2, "Hopeline 2012", being offered by NGO Snehi would provide free of cost confidential counselling to students who have results-related anxiety and stress. It will also provide career guidance.
The helpline number -- 011-65978181 would be available from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and students can also seek help through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Our helpline is an effective preventive measure against suicides and promotion of positive mental health," said Abdul Mabood, director, Snehi.
Last year, the helpline attended 2,684 calls. Of them 1,929 callers were students of Class 10 and Class 12 and the rest 755 were students from other classes.
"We also attended 290 calls from parents during that time and helped them handle situational stress," said Mabood.
According to Snehi, the helpline will be manned by a team of trained counsellors and mental health professionals.
A total of 52,316 students of Class 12 and Class 10 and 7,127 parents have been helped by the helpline in the last 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote
- Rio Olympics 2016: Shooter Chain Singh to be discharged from hospital today