Helpline for students ahead of board exam results
New Delhi: A helpline to counsel students before and after the announcement of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 results will be launched Thursday, an NGO`s representative said.
Available from May 24 to June 2, "Hopeline 2012", being offered by NGO Snehi would provide free of cost confidential counselling to students who have results-related anxiety and stress. It will also provide career guidance.
The helpline number -- 011-65978181 would be available from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and students can also seek help through email: email@example.com.
"Our helpline is an effective preventive measure against suicides and promotion of positive mental health," said Abdul Mabood, director, Snehi.
Last year, the helpline attended 2,684 calls. Of them 1,929 callers were students of Class 10 and Class 12 and the rest 755 were students from other classes.
"We also attended 290 calls from parents during that time and helped them handle situational stress," said Mabood.
According to Snehi, the helpline will be manned by a team of trained counsellors and mental health professionals.
A total of 52,316 students of Class 12 and Class 10 and 7,127 parents have been helped by the helpline in the last 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack