Helpline for students ahead of board exam results
New Delhi: A helpline to counsel students before and after the announcement of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 results will be launched Thursday, an NGO`s representative said.
Available from May 24 to June 2, "Hopeline 2012", being offered by NGO Snehi would provide free of cost confidential counselling to students who have results-related anxiety and stress. It will also provide career guidance.
The helpline number -- 011-65978181 would be available from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and students can also seek help through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Our helpline is an effective preventive measure against suicides and promotion of positive mental health," said Abdul Mabood, director, Snehi.
Last year, the helpline attended 2,684 calls. Of them 1,929 callers were students of Class 10 and Class 12 and the rest 755 were students from other classes.
"We also attended 290 calls from parents during that time and helped them handle situational stress," said Mabood.
According to Snehi, the helpline will be manned by a team of trained counsellors and mental health professionals.
A total of 52,316 students of Class 12 and Class 10 and 7,127 parents have been helped by the helpline in the last 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800