Helpline for students ahead of board exam results
New Delhi: A helpline to counsel students before and after the announcement of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 results will be launched Thursday, an NGO`s representative said.
Available from May 24 to June 2, "Hopeline 2012", being offered by NGO Snehi would provide free of cost confidential counselling to students who have results-related anxiety and stress. It will also provide career guidance.
The helpline number -- 011-65978181 would be available from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and students can also seek help through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Our helpline is an effective preventive measure against suicides and promotion of positive mental health," said Abdul Mabood, director, Snehi.
Last year, the helpline attended 2,684 calls. Of them 1,929 callers were students of Class 10 and Class 12 and the rest 755 were students from other classes.
"We also attended 290 calls from parents during that time and helped them handle situational stress," said Mabood.
According to Snehi, the helpline will be manned by a team of trained counsellors and mental health professionals.
A total of 52,316 students of Class 12 and Class 10 and 7,127 parents have been helped by the helpline in the last 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price