Hemraj`s family wanted death for Talwars
New Delhi: Hemraj`s family members who are in Nepal Tuesday said they were not happy with the court`s decision of sentencing the Talwar couple to life imprisonment as they wanted death for the murder of the sole earner of their family.
A special CBI court Tuesday sentenced Rajesh and Nupur Talwar to life imprisonment for killing their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj over five years ago.
Samir Singh, a former employer of Hemraj and present employer of Hemraj`s brother-in-law Jeevan in his house in Noida Sector 29, spoke to Jeevan over phone after the verdict.
Jeevan, currently in Nepal, said the family was not happy with the court`s decision, Singh told a news agency.
"Jeevan told me that Hemraj`s wife wanted the couple to be hanged. Hemraj was the sole earner of the family. They also said justice was delayed," said Singh.
Singh also said Hemraj had no bad habit.
"He worked in my house as a servant for six months but he left when he got the job at Talwars house. Jeevan has been working in my house for the past 13 years," Singh said.
Hemraj is survived by his mother, wife and son who is in his early 20s. They live in Nepal`s Arghakhanchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security