Hemraj’s wife accuses Talwars of the twin murder
Ghaziabad: The wife of Hemraj, who was
killed along with teenaged girl Aarushi in Noida, on Saturday moved
a court, trying the double murder case, seeking recording of
her statement about a purported conversation with her husband
who had talked of "threat" to his life.
43-year-old Khumkala, a resident of Arghakhanchi district
in Nepal, in her application before the Special CBI court,
said none of the probe agencies had recorded her statement in
the murder case and claimed she was privy to some information
which Hemraj shared with her over phone barely 15 days before
he was killed.
"She wants to get her statement recorded in the case
under section 311 of the CrPC," Naresh Yadav, counsel of
Khumkala, told agency.
The court posted the matter for hearing till April 27.
"Hemraj used to call her (Khumkala) over the phone at a
public booth close to her home in Nepal. Barely 15 days before
he was murdered, Hemraj had called her to say that he was
fearing for his life. He was getting threats," Yadav said.
In her application before the court, Khumkala alleged
Hemraj had told her that his employers and Aarushi`s parents
Rajesh and Nupur Talwar are rich and short tempered and that
he has not received his salary since December 2007.
She alleged Hemraj was frustated with the Talwars`
behaviour and was trying to find a new job.
Khumkala also said Hemraj had told her that Rajesh Talwar
was getting short-tempered, used to suspect him, and had even
run to hit him once after getting drunk.
Hemraj`s body was found on the terrace of the dentist
couple`s flat in Noida a day after 14-year old Aarushi was
found murdered in her room in the same house on May 16, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi