Heroin worth crores seized on Indo-Pak border
Attari: In the biggest catch of the year,
heroin worth Rs 135 crore in the international market was seized on the Indo-Pak border here by BSF personnel who foiled the attempt of Pakistani smugglers to cross over to India.
"A patrolling party of the Border Security Force (BSF) late last night foiled an infiltration attempt from Pakistani
side and seized 27 kg of the narcotic, valued at Rs 135 crore
in the international black market, on the border near Attari,"
BSF Inspector Pawan Chowdry told reporters.
"It is for the first time this year that a narcotic drug
in such a huge quantity smuggled into the country was seized,"
Chowdry said the Pakistani smugglers had trespassed into
Indian territory after which the BSF patrolling party opened
fire. As a result, the Pakistani smugglers returned to their
However, the smugglers left the consignment of heroin
which they were carrying to deliver in India on this side of
the border, which was recovered by the BSF, he said.
Earlier on October 4, the BSF has seized 15 kg heroin
here worth Rs 75 crore in the international black market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred