Heroin worth Rs 85 cr seized at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Seventeen kilograms of Heroin worth Rs 85 crore were seized by BSF personnel at the International border here as smugglers allegedly from Pakistan managed to escape, officials said on Sunday.
Few intruders from Pakistan were seen moving inside the Indian territory after crossing the barbed fencing, a BSF official said.
Inspite of repeated warning, the intruders were not willing to surrender following which BSF troops fired two gun shots but the intruders under the cover of darkness managed to return to Pakistan, he added.
The official said that in the morning today when massive search operation was launched, the BSF recovered seventeen kilograms of heroin which the intruders did not manage to take back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS