Heroin worth Rs 85 cr seized at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Seventeen kilograms of Heroin worth Rs 85 crore were seized by BSF personnel at the International border here as smugglers allegedly from Pakistan managed to escape, officials said on Sunday.
Few intruders from Pakistan were seen moving inside the Indian territory after crossing the barbed fencing, a BSF official said.
Inspite of repeated warning, the intruders were not willing to surrender following which BSF troops fired two gun shots but the intruders under the cover of darkness managed to return to Pakistan, he added.
The official said that in the morning today when massive search operation was launched, the BSF recovered seventeen kilograms of heroin which the intruders did not manage to take back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured