Heroin worth Rs 85 cr seized at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Seventeen kilograms of Heroin worth Rs 85 crore were seized by BSF personnel at the International border here as smugglers allegedly from Pakistan managed to escape, officials said on Sunday.
Few intruders from Pakistan were seen moving inside the Indian territory after crossing the barbed fencing, a BSF official said.
Inspite of repeated warning, the intruders were not willing to surrender following which BSF troops fired two gun shots but the intruders under the cover of darkness managed to return to Pakistan, he added.
The official said that in the morning today when massive search operation was launched, the BSF recovered seventeen kilograms of heroin which the intruders did not manage to take back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport