Heroin worth Rs 85 cr seized at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Seventeen kilograms of Heroin worth Rs 85 crore were seized by BSF personnel at the International border here as smugglers allegedly from Pakistan managed to escape, officials said on Sunday.
Few intruders from Pakistan were seen moving inside the Indian territory after crossing the barbed fencing, a BSF official said.
Inspite of repeated warning, the intruders were not willing to surrender following which BSF troops fired two gun shots but the intruders under the cover of darkness managed to return to Pakistan, he added.
The official said that in the morning today when massive search operation was launched, the BSF recovered seventeen kilograms of heroin which the intruders did not manage to take back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan