Heroin worth Rs 85 cr seized at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Seventeen kilograms of Heroin worth Rs 85 crore were seized by BSF personnel at the International border here as smugglers allegedly from Pakistan managed to escape, officials said on Sunday.
Few intruders from Pakistan were seen moving inside the Indian territory after crossing the barbed fencing, a BSF official said.
Inspite of repeated warning, the intruders were not willing to surrender following which BSF troops fired two gun shots but the intruders under the cover of darkness managed to return to Pakistan, he added.
The official said that in the morning today when massive search operation was launched, the BSF recovered seventeen kilograms of heroin which the intruders did not manage to take back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors