High alert along India`s border with other countries: BSF DG
Agartala: High alert has been sounded along India`s borders with other countries and special measures taken in view of the blasts at Hyderabad, Director General of Border Security Force (BSF) Subhash Joshi said here on Friday.
"After the blasts at Hyderabad we have alerted our forces and the border is safe in the hands of the BSF. Special measures have been taken and we are ready to face any challenge," Joshi told reporters here.
To a question on the western border with Pakistan, he said, "We have new plans and new strategies to protect the border which I am not going to discuss here, but we are sure that we can deal with the situation. We have the resources and motivation."
Joshi, who met Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, said, 95 per cent of the barbed wire fencing along the 4,095 kms border with Bangladesh was complete and work on the remaining portion was progressing.
BSF planned to construct border outposts near the barbed wire fencing and has asked for land from state governments. In many places forest land needs to be transferred, he said.
At present, 1,000 personnel of the BSF were women and in the course of time three per cent of the entire force would be women, he also said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands