High alert along India`s border with other countries: BSF DG
Agartala: High alert has been sounded along India`s borders with other countries and special measures taken in view of the blasts at Hyderabad, Director General of Border Security Force (BSF) Subhash Joshi said here on Friday.
"After the blasts at Hyderabad we have alerted our forces and the border is safe in the hands of the BSF. Special measures have been taken and we are ready to face any challenge," Joshi told reporters here.
To a question on the western border with Pakistan, he said, "We have new plans and new strategies to protect the border which I am not going to discuss here, but we are sure that we can deal with the situation. We have the resources and motivation."
Joshi, who met Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, said, 95 per cent of the barbed wire fencing along the 4,095 kms border with Bangladesh was complete and work on the remaining portion was progressing.
BSF planned to construct border outposts near the barbed wire fencing and has asked for land from state governments. In many places forest land needs to be transferred, he said.
At present, 1,000 personnel of the BSF were women and in the course of time three per cent of the entire force would be women, he also said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!