High alert in Delhi after RAW warns of terror attack
New Delhi: Security arrangements in the national capital have been tightened after intelligence agencies warned of a terror strike by militant outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), reports claimed on Tuesday.
According to reports, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Delhi police have claimed that terrorists can attack Delhi Metro and International Trade Fair at Pragati Maidan on November 14.
The agencies also warned that three IM operatives have entered the national capital to execute their plans.
The agencies claimed to have got a tip-off from Saudi Arabia. Delhi Police sources said that a person based in Saudi Arabia informed a senior official of the city police over phone on November 1 that some suspicious persons were planning a terror attack in Delhi.
Delhi Police further claimed that their officers along with RAW members went to Saudi capital Riyadh and interviewed the caller who described the persons. He provided more details on the plot.
The police claimed the descriptions of the suspected persons appeared to match that of Riyaz Bhatkal, who is the alleged mastermind of serial blasts in New Delhi, Hyderabad and Jaipur in 2008.
After the inputs received from the intelligence agencies, police presence has been increased and metal detectors and CCTV cameras have been installed at important places to avoid any untoward incident.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof