High alert in Delhi after RAW warns of terror attack
New Delhi: Security arrangements in the national capital have been tightened after intelligence agencies warned of a terror strike by militant outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), reports claimed on Tuesday.
According to reports, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Delhi police have claimed that terrorists can attack Delhi Metro and International Trade Fair at Pragati Maidan on November 14.
The agencies also warned that three IM operatives have entered the national capital to execute their plans.
The agencies claimed to have got a tip-off from Saudi Arabia. Delhi Police sources said that a person based in Saudi Arabia informed a senior official of the city police over phone on November 1 that some suspicious persons were planning a terror attack in Delhi.
Delhi Police further claimed that their officers along with RAW members went to Saudi capital Riyadh and interviewed the caller who described the persons. He provided more details on the plot.
The police claimed the descriptions of the suspected persons appeared to match that of Riyaz Bhatkal, who is the alleged mastermind of serial blasts in New Delhi, Hyderabad and Jaipur in 2008.
After the inputs received from the intelligence agencies, police presence has been increased and metal detectors and CCTV cameras have been installed at important places to avoid any untoward incident.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH