High alert in Delhi after RAW warns of terror attack
New Delhi: Security arrangements in the national capital have been tightened after intelligence agencies warned of a terror strike by militant outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), reports claimed on Tuesday.
According to reports, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Delhi police have claimed that terrorists can attack Delhi Metro and International Trade Fair at Pragati Maidan on November 14.
The agencies also warned that three IM operatives have entered the national capital to execute their plans.
The agencies claimed to have got a tip-off from Saudi Arabia. Delhi Police sources said that a person based in Saudi Arabia informed a senior official of the city police over phone on November 1 that some suspicious persons were planning a terror attack in Delhi.
Delhi Police further claimed that their officers along with RAW members went to Saudi capital Riyadh and interviewed the caller who described the persons. He provided more details on the plot.
The police claimed the descriptions of the suspected persons appeared to match that of Riyaz Bhatkal, who is the alleged mastermind of serial blasts in New Delhi, Hyderabad and Jaipur in 2008.
After the inputs received from the intelligence agencies, police presence has been increased and metal detectors and CCTV cameras have been installed at important places to avoid any untoward incident.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015