High alert in Delhi after RAW warns of terror attack
New Delhi: Security arrangements in the national capital have been tightened after intelligence agencies warned of a terror strike by militant outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), reports claimed on Tuesday.
According to reports, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Delhi police have claimed that terrorists can attack Delhi Metro and International Trade Fair at Pragati Maidan on November 14.
The agencies also warned that three IM operatives have entered the national capital to execute their plans.
The agencies claimed to have got a tip-off from Saudi Arabia. Delhi Police sources said that a person based in Saudi Arabia informed a senior official of the city police over phone on November 1 that some suspicious persons were planning a terror attack in Delhi.
Delhi Police further claimed that their officers along with RAW members went to Saudi capital Riyadh and interviewed the caller who described the persons. He provided more details on the plot.
The police claimed the descriptions of the suspected persons appeared to match that of Riyaz Bhatkal, who is the alleged mastermind of serial blasts in New Delhi, Hyderabad and Jaipur in 2008.
After the inputs received from the intelligence agencies, police presence has been increased and metal detectors and CCTV cameras have been installed at important places to avoid any untoward incident.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?