High Commission in Islamabad ready to help Sarabjit
New Delhi: Amid claim by Sarabjit Singh, the death row convict in Pakistan, that there was threat to his life in jail, India on Friday said its High Commission in Islamabad stands ready to assist him should he require it.
Noting that India has consistently urged Pakistan on several occasions to take a sympathetic and a humanitarian view of Singh`s case, the official spokesperson in MEA said that the External Affairs Minister has assured Sarabjit`s family that he would raise it when he meets his counterpart, whenever and wherever that is.
"Singh has been in custody for well over two decades. With that background, let me say that what you mentioned in terms of the news reports, we have also seen them. Our High Commission in Islamabad stands ready to assist his lawyer should he require it. But at this stage my understanding is that the lawyer himself has requested the Pakistani authorities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?