High-level ASEAN meet in Delhi
New Delhi: Economic integration, non-traditional security challenge and evolving security will be discussed at a high-level dialogue which will be attended by delegates from 10-member countries of Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) in the national capital on Monday.
Organised against the backdrop of an important milestone in the ASEAN-India relationship, the two-day dialogue - Delhi Dialogue IV - will also see the country launching year-long engagements with the grouping.
Apart from marking 20 years of the ASEAN-India dialogue partnership, 2012 also marks 10 years of Summit level partnership between the two.
"Political leaders, policy makers, senior officials, diplomats, business leaders, think tanks and academics from both sides would be participating in the discussions spread over two days. All the ten ASEAN countries have sent delegations or are participating in the form of speakers and panelists in DD-IV," a Ministry of External Affairs release said.
The two-day Delhi Dialogue, the fourth in the series that began in 2009, will focus on `India and Asean: Partners for Peace, Progress and Stability` and has been divided into four thematic sessions which would address economic cooperation, regional security, non-traditional security threats and networks of knowledge and science.
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna will be joined by Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Hor Namhong, Malaysian Foreign Minister Sri Anifah Aman, Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul in the discussions.
Minister of State for Foreign Affairs from Singapore Masagos Zulkifli Bin Masagos Mohamad, the Deputy Foreign Minister of Myanmar Myo Myint and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam Nguyen Phuong Nga will also attend the Dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi