High-level meet in PMO briefed about LoC situation
New Delhi: The tensions along the Line of Control (LoC) between India and Pakistan were discussed at a high-level meeting in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) where Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma briefed about the situation there.
The Indian Army has asked the Pakistan Army for a local-level flag meeting in Poonch sector where two Indian soldiers were killed and their bodies mutilated by the Pakistan Army.
Shashikant Sharma briefed the PMO about the situation along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector which has seen several ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Army in the last few days, sources said here.
The meeting was attended by top officials from the PMO and the National Security Advisor (NSA) who were briefed about the steps taken by the forces and the Defence Ministry after the incidents.
Defence Minister A K Antony and National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon are keeping Prime Minister Manmohan Singh abreast of the developments in the situation.
The Army has sought a Brigadier-level meeting between the two Armies in Poonch sector where ceasefire violations are taking place but the Pakistani side is yet to respond, Army sources said here.
In that area, there are four local hotlines between the two sides including Chakkan da Bagh, Uri, Balnoi and Tangdhar.
The flag meeting is most likely to be called at Balnoi which is closest to the site of the incident, they said.
The Army headquarters said the last ceasefire violation incident was reported by local formations yesterday evening and the firing had ceased at 2130 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon