High-level meet in PMO briefed about LoC situation
New Delhi: The tensions along the Line of Control (LoC) between India and Pakistan were discussed at a high-level meeting in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) where Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma briefed about the situation there.
The Indian Army has asked the Pakistan Army for a local-level flag meeting in Poonch sector where two Indian soldiers were killed and their bodies mutilated by the Pakistan Army.
Shashikant Sharma briefed the PMO about the situation along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector which has seen several ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Army in the last few days, sources said here.
The meeting was attended by top officials from the PMO and the National Security Advisor (NSA) who were briefed about the steps taken by the forces and the Defence Ministry after the incidents.
Defence Minister A K Antony and National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon are keeping Prime Minister Manmohan Singh abreast of the developments in the situation.
The Army has sought a Brigadier-level meeting between the two Armies in Poonch sector where ceasefire violations are taking place but the Pakistani side is yet to respond, Army sources said here.
In that area, there are four local hotlines between the two sides including Chakkan da Bagh, Uri, Balnoi and Tangdhar.
The flag meeting is most likely to be called at Balnoi which is closest to the site of the incident, they said.
The Army headquarters said the last ceasefire violation incident was reported by local formations yesterday evening and the firing had ceased at 2130 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners