High rise near Navy base a security threat: Navy to HC
Mumbai: The Naval authorities on Friday told the
Bombay High Court that a high rise building in south Mumbai is
a security threat as there are sensitive installations in
A resident of the building Har Siddhi apartments, located
near the naval base INS Trata at Worli, moved the vacation
bench of High Court after BEST cut off the power supply on May
3, saying that the state government has declared the building,
to be a security threat, considering its proximity to the
The court had sought the views of the Navy and the
Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA), the builder.
The Navy categorically told the court that existence of a
high rise so close to its base was a security threat.
Renuka Shah, the petitioner, had said that power supply
was cut off on May 3 without any written order.
As per BEST, Western Naval Command has been writing to
the SRA since 2005 to stop the projects in the area. The
building has not received No Objection Certificate from Navy,
as required under the law.
Court has now asked the Navy, as well as the builder, to
file affidavits in reply by May 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown