High rise near Navy base a security threat: Navy to HC
Mumbai: The Naval authorities on Friday told the
Bombay High Court that a high rise building in south Mumbai is
a security threat as there are sensitive installations in
A resident of the building Har Siddhi apartments, located
near the naval base INS Trata at Worli, moved the vacation
bench of High Court after BEST cut off the power supply on May
3, saying that the state government has declared the building,
to be a security threat, considering its proximity to the
The court had sought the views of the Navy and the
Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA), the builder.
The Navy categorically told the court that existence of a
high rise so close to its base was a security threat.
Renuka Shah, the petitioner, had said that power supply
was cut off on May 3 without any written order.
As per BEST, Western Naval Command has been writing to
the SRA since 2005 to stop the projects in the area. The
building has not received No Objection Certificate from Navy,
as required under the law.
Court has now asked the Navy, as well as the builder, to
file affidavits in reply by May 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Terrifying video: Chinese woman mauled to death by tiger at Badaling Wildlife Park
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Maruti Q1 profit soars 23% to Rs 1,486 crore