Highlights of Lok Sabha debate on FDI in retail
New Delhi: The UPA government on Wednesday comfortably won the vote on foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail in Lok Sabha.
A total of 253 members - out of the 471 present and voting - voted against the motion on FDI moved by Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj, implying they were in favour of foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail. 218 members voted in favour of the Opposition’s motion.
The UPA government also won the vote on FEMA amendment in Lok Sabha by 254 to 224 votes. 478 members were present and voting.
Earlier, a spirited debate was held for two days on FDI in multi-brand retail in Lok Sabha. Here are the highlights of the debate held on Wednesday:
Murli Manohar Joshi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police