Hijack drama: Pilot says passengers threatened her
Thiruvananthapuram: The Air India pilot, who pressed the flight hijack alarm in panic at the airport here last week amid protests by passengers, has told police she was threatened with dire consequences by some of them after they barged into the cockpit.
Commander Rupali Wagmore in her FIR said a passenger even told her he would not hesitate to kill her if anything happened to his six month old child.
Around 200 passengers of AI Kochi bound flight from Abu Dhabi had on October 19 protested and some allegedly tried to enter the cockpit after it was diverted to the state capital due to poor visibility. Having boarded the previous night, they alleged it took several hours even to take off from Abu Dhabi.
Passengers also alleged that even women and children were not provided water or refreshments and they started protesting only after there was no word from the crew on when the flight would leave for Kochi.
State police has set up a special team under Assistant Commissioner KS Vimal to ascertain the circumstances that led to the incident and find out if the pilot`s charges against the passengers are true.
Based on Wagmore`s complaint, police had registered a case against six `identifiable` passengers and begun investigation by questioning airport staff who were witness to the drama that unfolded at the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year