Hike in diesel prices was required: Shourie
Bhopal: Even as the BJP has strongly opposed the Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in retail, senior party leader and former Union Minister Arun Shourie has justified the move saying it was the need of the hour.
"Increasing diesel prices was the need of the hour," Shourie, who had come here to participate in a seminar, told reporters here last evening.
A lot of hue and cry is being raised unnecessarily on the issue of FDI in retail as this will neither lead to profit nor losses, the BJP leader said.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has for the first time shown his strength," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand