Hike in diesel prices was required: Shourie
Bhopal: Even as the BJP has strongly opposed the Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in retail, senior party leader and former Union Minister Arun Shourie has justified the move saying it was the need of the hour.
"Increasing diesel prices was the need of the hour," Shourie, who had come here to participate in a seminar, told reporters here last evening.
A lot of hue and cry is being raised unnecessarily on the issue of FDI in retail as this will neither lead to profit nor losses, the BJP leader said.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has for the first time shown his strength," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly