Hike in diesel prices was required: Shourie
Bhopal: Even as the BJP has strongly opposed the Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in retail, senior party leader and former Union Minister Arun Shourie has justified the move saying it was the need of the hour.
"Increasing diesel prices was the need of the hour," Shourie, who had come here to participate in a seminar, told reporters here last evening.
A lot of hue and cry is being raised unnecessarily on the issue of FDI in retail as this will neither lead to profit nor losses, the BJP leader said.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has for the first time shown his strength," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding