Hike in petroleum prices a cruel joke with common man: Mulayam
Lucknow: Terming the hike in prices of
petroleum products as a "cruel joke" with common people,
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday demanded an
immediate withdrawal of the decision.
"The Centre has failed to check prise rise and
yesterday`s decision to hike prices of petroleum products is a
cruel joke with the common and poor people of the country. It
should be rolled back immediately," Yadav said in a statement.
Alleging that crores of people in the country were
being forced to sleep without food, the SP leader said, "But
this government (Centre) is not concerned about the common
people, while crores of rupees are being spent over the
Commonwealth Games," he alleged.
Yadav said while farmers were not getting Minimum
Support Price for their produce, the Union government was not
concerned about these burning issues.
"To protect the interest of a handful of people, the
Centre has turned a blind eye to crores of people and this is
evident from the hike in petroleum prices which will add to
the wealth of around two dozen industrial houses," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city