Hillary Clinton lauds eastern India`s economic potential
Kolkata: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who kicked off her three-day India visit from this historic city, Monday lauded the economic potential and geopolitical significance of eastern India.
"The economic potential of east India is so great...but also its geopolitical significance is being increasingly recognised. US wants to be partner with the entire country. This is my way of demonstrating our commitment to this part of the country," Hillary Clinton said at a gathering at the La Martiniere school for girls here.
"I think it`s a great tribute to India that the entire political development of this country is demonstrating the power that is at the core of the Indian dream," she said ahead of her meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"The more open India becomes over time..the greater the rise in standard of living and opportunity," she said.
Hillary Clinton, who arrived in West Bengal Sunday and flies to New Delhi Monday evening, said: "We need to find win-win solutions for everybody."
"We have to work together as the international community on resolving water issues. Unless water is put on a priority list, it can lead to a lot of dislocation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days