Hillary Clinton lauds eastern India`s economic potential
Kolkata: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who kicked off her three-day India visit from this historic city, Monday lauded the economic potential and geopolitical significance of eastern India.
"The economic potential of east India is so great...but also its geopolitical significance is being increasingly recognised. US wants to be partner with the entire country. This is my way of demonstrating our commitment to this part of the country," Hillary Clinton said at a gathering at the La Martiniere school for girls here.
"I think it`s a great tribute to India that the entire political development of this country is demonstrating the power that is at the core of the Indian dream," she said ahead of her meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"The more open India becomes over time..the greater the rise in standard of living and opportunity," she said.
Hillary Clinton, who arrived in West Bengal Sunday and flies to New Delhi Monday evening, said: "We need to find win-win solutions for everybody."
"We have to work together as the international community on resolving water issues. Unless water is put on a priority list, it can lead to a lot of dislocation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video