Hillary Clinton lauds Indian Americans
Kolkata: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday lauded the "incredible contribution" of Indian Americans in her country and said the people to people relationship was at the heart of the ties between the two countries.
Hillary Clinton, who came to Kolkata from Dhaka Sunday, said in 2011, 35 percent of all L1 work visas in the US had been issued to Indians. Addressing a gathering at the La Martiniere school here, she said more than 100,000 Indian students were studying in the US.
"So many links between us, we want to promote even more," Clinton said.
In her opening remarks, she also recalled Rabindranath Tagore. "I discovered him when I was in college."
She recalled his quote "Age considers youth ventures".
She will be in the Indian capital Monday after meeting West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi