Himachal is much developed than Gujarat: Virbhadra Singh
Dharamsala: Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today said that Himachal Pradesh is much developed than Gujarat in many ways.
Addressing a rally here after the nomination filed by Chander Kumar, the Congress candidate from Kangra seat, he said, "It is not true that Gujarat is leading in every field in the country, even Himachal Pradesh is ahead than Gujarat in so many fields like in education sector."
"Congress government has opened thousands of schools in the State, where as the BJP government when P K Dhumal was in power, closed down 175 school," he said.
Commenting on BJP leader Shanta Kumar, he said, "Kumar, who held the post of Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh twice has no achievements to tell the public, instead he raised a hotel for his family at Palampur."
Besides Chander Kumar (Congress), the other who filed the nominations today are Rajan Shushant (AAP), Baldev Raj (Himachal Swabhiman Party) and Dani Ram (Independent). Lal Husain (BSP) and Prem Chand (Independent) filed their papers earlier for this Parliamentary constituency.
Shanta Kumar is expected to file papers tomorrow. The polling for all four seats in Himachal Pradesh will take place on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video