Hina, Dipu Moni congratulate Khurshid
New Delhi: The foreign ministers of Pakistan, Russia, the UK, Bangladesh and Nepal are among those who have congratulated Salman Khurshid since he was named India`s foreign minister three days ago.
In a felicitation message, Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar conveyed good wishes, saying she "looked forward to working with you closely to promote good neighbourly, friendly and cooperative relations between our two countries".
"We attach considerable importance to taking forward the ongoing dialogue process," he said.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni was among the first to congratulate Khurshid after he was sworn in as foreign minister in a mega-shuffle of the council of ministers Sunday.
In her message, Moni said she looked forward to building stronger relations between India and Bangladesh.
The foreign ministers of Russia, Turkey, Nepal and Oman have also sent congratulatory messages to Khurshid.
Khurshid will address ministers of 19 countries of the Indian Ocean rim in Gurgaon Friday and meet his counterparts from several countries, including Sri Lanka, on the sidelines of the ministerial conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone