Hina, Dipu Moni congratulate Khurshid
New Delhi: The foreign ministers of Pakistan, Russia, the UK, Bangladesh and Nepal are among those who have congratulated Salman Khurshid since he was named India`s foreign minister three days ago.
In a felicitation message, Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar conveyed good wishes, saying she "looked forward to working with you closely to promote good neighbourly, friendly and cooperative relations between our two countries".
"We attach considerable importance to taking forward the ongoing dialogue process," he said.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni was among the first to congratulate Khurshid after he was sworn in as foreign minister in a mega-shuffle of the council of ministers Sunday.
In her message, Moni said she looked forward to building stronger relations between India and Bangladesh.
The foreign ministers of Russia, Turkey, Nepal and Oman have also sent congratulatory messages to Khurshid.
Khurshid will address ministers of 19 countries of the Indian Ocean rim in Gurgaon Friday and meet his counterparts from several countries, including Sri Lanka, on the sidelines of the ministerial conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city