Hina, Dipu Moni congratulate Khurshid
New Delhi: The foreign ministers of Pakistan, Russia, the UK, Bangladesh and Nepal are among those who have congratulated Salman Khurshid since he was named India`s foreign minister three days ago.
In a felicitation message, Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar conveyed good wishes, saying she "looked forward to working with you closely to promote good neighbourly, friendly and cooperative relations between our two countries".
"We attach considerable importance to taking forward the ongoing dialogue process," he said.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni was among the first to congratulate Khurshid after he was sworn in as foreign minister in a mega-shuffle of the council of ministers Sunday.
In her message, Moni said she looked forward to building stronger relations between India and Bangladesh.
The foreign ministers of Russia, Turkey, Nepal and Oman have also sent congratulatory messages to Khurshid.
Khurshid will address ministers of 19 countries of the Indian Ocean rim in Gurgaon Friday and meet his counterparts from several countries, including Sri Lanka, on the sidelines of the ministerial conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Brahmos missiles deployment in Arunachal: India can do more for peace, rather than contrary, says China
- Iraq forces retake key town south of Mosul
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight