Hina, Dipu Moni congratulate Khurshid
New Delhi: The foreign ministers of Pakistan, Russia, the UK, Bangladesh and Nepal are among those who have congratulated Salman Khurshid since he was named India`s foreign minister three days ago.
In a felicitation message, Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar conveyed good wishes, saying she "looked forward to working with you closely to promote good neighbourly, friendly and cooperative relations between our two countries".
"We attach considerable importance to taking forward the ongoing dialogue process," he said.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni was among the first to congratulate Khurshid after he was sworn in as foreign minister in a mega-shuffle of the council of ministers Sunday.
In her message, Moni said she looked forward to building stronger relations between India and Bangladesh.
The foreign ministers of Russia, Turkey, Nepal and Oman have also sent congratulatory messages to Khurshid.
Khurshid will address ministers of 19 countries of the Indian Ocean rim in Gurgaon Friday and meet his counterparts from several countries, including Sri Lanka, on the sidelines of the ministerial conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics