Hina, Dipu Moni congratulate Khurshid
New Delhi: The foreign ministers of Pakistan, Russia, the UK, Bangladesh and Nepal are among those who have congratulated Salman Khurshid since he was named India`s foreign minister three days ago.
In a felicitation message, Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar conveyed good wishes, saying she "looked forward to working with you closely to promote good neighbourly, friendly and cooperative relations between our two countries".
"We attach considerable importance to taking forward the ongoing dialogue process," he said.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni was among the first to congratulate Khurshid after he was sworn in as foreign minister in a mega-shuffle of the council of ministers Sunday.
In her message, Moni said she looked forward to building stronger relations between India and Bangladesh.
The foreign ministers of Russia, Turkey, Nepal and Oman have also sent congratulatory messages to Khurshid.
Khurshid will address ministers of 19 countries of the Indian Ocean rim in Gurgaon Friday and meet his counterparts from several countries, including Sri Lanka, on the sidelines of the ministerial conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption