‘Hindi Diwas’ being observed across the country
New Delhi: ‘Hindi Diwas’ is being observed across the country on Friday to commemorate the historic occasion, as Hindi was adopted as the official language of Constituent Assembly on September 14, 1949.
It was on September 14, 1949 when the Constitution-makers of the country decided to accord the status of Official Language of the Union to Hindi. To commemorate the historic occasion, Hindi Diwas is observed every year this day.
President Pranab Mukherjee will confer awards in various categories for excellence in different fields pertaining to Hindi at a function in Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde will preside over the function and Minister for State for Home Affairs Jitendra Singh will also be present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal