‘Hindi Diwas’ being observed across the country
New Delhi: ‘Hindi Diwas’ is being observed across the country on Friday to commemorate the historic occasion, as Hindi was adopted as the official language of Constituent Assembly on September 14, 1949.
It was on September 14, 1949 when the Constitution-makers of the country decided to accord the status of Official Language of the Union to Hindi. To commemorate the historic occasion, Hindi Diwas is observed every year this day.
President Pranab Mukherjee will confer awards in various categories for excellence in different fields pertaining to Hindi at a function in Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde will preside over the function and Minister for State for Home Affairs Jitendra Singh will also be present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!