Hindi writer K L Nandan cremated
New Delhi: Eminent Hindi writer and
journalist Kanhaiya Lal Nandan, who passed away at a private
hospital in the city, was cremated here today.
Around 500 people from various fields like politics, art,
culture, literature and journalism paid tributes to Nandan.
Senior BJP leader L K Advani, ICCR President and former Union
minister Karan Singh and Delhi Hindi Academy Vice President
Ashok Chakradhar were also present.
The late writer`s remains were consigned to flames at the
Lodhi Road crematorium here.
Nandan (77) was admitted to a private hospital on
Wednesday evening after he complained of low blood pressure
and breathlessness. He died yesterday.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Honoured with the Padamshree and Bharatendu awards,
Nandan had worked as an editor of `Parag`, `Sarika` and
`Dinman` magazines. He had also worked as features editor of
Author of more than three dozen books, Nandan was also
known as a poet and lyricist.
Nandan`s major works include `Ghat Ghat Ka Pani`, `Aag
Ke Rang` and `Guzra Kaha Kaha Se`.
Before entering the field of journalism, he taught at the
Mumbai University for a period of four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you