Hindi writer K L Nandan cremated
New Delhi: Eminent Hindi writer and
journalist Kanhaiya Lal Nandan, who passed away at a private
hospital in the city, was cremated here today.
Around 500 people from various fields like politics, art,
culture, literature and journalism paid tributes to Nandan.
Senior BJP leader L K Advani, ICCR President and former Union
minister Karan Singh and Delhi Hindi Academy Vice President
Ashok Chakradhar were also present.
The late writer`s remains were consigned to flames at the
Lodhi Road crematorium here.
Nandan (77) was admitted to a private hospital on
Wednesday evening after he complained of low blood pressure
and breathlessness. He died yesterday.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Honoured with the Padamshree and Bharatendu awards,
Nandan had worked as an editor of `Parag`, `Sarika` and
`Dinman` magazines. He had also worked as features editor of
Author of more than three dozen books, Nandan was also
known as a poet and lyricist.
Nandan`s major works include `Ghat Ghat Ka Pani`, `Aag
Ke Rang` and `Guzra Kaha Kaha Se`.
Before entering the field of journalism, he taught at the
Mumbai University for a period of four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years