Hindu girl kidnapped, forced to convert in Pak
Islamabad: A Hindu girl was kidnapped and
allegedly forced to convert in Pakistan`s southern Sindh
province on Monday, prompting President Asif Ali Zardari to direct
authorities to investigate the incident.
Reports said the Hindu girl was kidnapped from Mirpur
Mathelo in Ghotki district.
Officials said President Zardari had taken "serious note"
of reports of the girl being kidnapped and allegedly forced to
convert by some influential persons of the area.
The President had called for a report on the incident
from the Sindh government, officials said.
Zardari also called for "transparent and expeditious
investigations" in the matter and for action in accordance
with the law, regardless of the influence and status of anyone
involved in the criminal activity, the officials said.
Sindh has a sizeable population of Hindus, who are the
largest minority community in Pakistan.
Hindus account for less than five per cent of Pakistan`s
total population of about 180 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?