Hindu girl kidnapped, forced to convert in Pak
Islamabad: A Hindu girl was kidnapped and
allegedly forced to convert in Pakistan`s southern Sindh
province on Monday, prompting President Asif Ali Zardari to direct
authorities to investigate the incident.
Reports said the Hindu girl was kidnapped from Mirpur
Mathelo in Ghotki district.
Officials said President Zardari had taken "serious note"
of reports of the girl being kidnapped and allegedly forced to
convert by some influential persons of the area.
The President had called for a report on the incident
from the Sindh government, officials said.
Zardari also called for "transparent and expeditious
investigations" in the matter and for action in accordance
with the law, regardless of the influence and status of anyone
involved in the criminal activity, the officials said.
Sindh has a sizeable population of Hindus, who are the
largest minority community in Pakistan.
Hindus account for less than five per cent of Pakistan`s
total population of about 180 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!