Hindu Mahasabha moves SC on Ayodhya
New Delhi: Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha has
moved the Supreme Court challenging the part of Allahabad High
Court`s September 30 ruling on Ayodhya title suit which has
given one third of the disputed land to Muslims.
The Hindu Mahasabha`a national President Swami Chakra
Pani has moved the apex court close on the heels of religious
and social Islamic bodies Sunni Wakf Board and Jamiat
Ulama-i-Hind (JUH) moving it challenging the verdict
which ruled for a three-way divsion of the disputed land
around and underneath the demolished Babri mosque with two
parts to Hindus and one to Muslims.
While seeking partial annullment of the majority
verdict by the high court`s Lucknow bench, which ruled for
handing over one third of the disputed land to Muslims, the
Hindu Sabha sought the apex court`s endorsement of the
September 30 minority verdict by Justice Dharam Veer Sharma
who ruled for handing over of the entire land to Hindus.
"Set aside the judgment dated September 30, 2010 by
Justice S.U Khan and Justice Sudhir Agarwal to the extent that
one third of the property in dispute has been declared in
favour of Muslims and to allot share to them in the decree,"
said the Hindu Mahasabha petition.
It appealed to the apex court "to maintain the judgment
passed by Justice Dharam Veer Sharma" as the effective
A three-judge bench of the high court`s Lucknow bench
had passed three separate judgements on September 30 with the
majority verdict holding that the area covered by the central
dome of the three-domed structure, where the idol of Lord Rama
is situated, belongs to Hindus.
While justice Khan and Agarwal were of the view that the
entire disputed land should be divided into three parts for
handing over of one part each to Sunni Waqf Board, Nirmohi
Akhara and the parties representing `Ram Lalla Virajman`
(seated Baby Ram), Justice Sharma had held that the entire
disputed area belongs to Hindus.
In its petition, the Hindu Mahasabha opposed the
provision for handing over one third of the disputed land to
Muslims saying the high court had erred in dividing the land
among the three parties as it had only been asked to decide
"as to who was the owner of the land and the property in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt