Hindu, Muslim couples tie knot at single platform
Mathura (UP): Spreading the message of communal harmony, 12 Hindu and as many Muslim couples today exchanged wedding vows at a unique ceremony here.
Marriage of the couples, including that of an HIV positive pair, was solemnised at a single platform.
While priests solemnised marriage of Hindu pairs amidst chanting of Vedic hymns, Maulavi helped to perform Nikah of Muslim pairs.
Later, a rousing reception was given to their procession, which passed through the main streets of Mathura.
"It is a rare programme organised to promote communal harmony. Such programs should be organised in other districts also," said Ashok Kumar, former chairman of Satarkata Ayog.
It is the sixth such group marriage organised by Sankalp Welfare society.
Lauding this novel marriage, former minister of UP Ravi Kant Garg said,"It reflects culture of Brij Bhumi which gives message of love to humanity. For development unity is important. Inclusion of HIV positive pair in the programme is exemplary."
"The marriage of a poor girl is equal to pilgrimage. God is pleased when somebody offers food to a person suffering from hunger," SSP Pradeep Yadav stated.
The procession was offered cold drinks and eatables en route to marriage hall (Muktakashi Rangmanch).
"Each pair was offered household articles worth over sixty thousand. Our aim is to ensure marriage of every poor girl of any community," Vineet Kapoor, the secretary of Sankalp Society said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- At least 120 killed as quake flattens towns in central Italy
- Greg Clarke succeeds Greg Dyke as English FA chairman
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes