Hindu temple in London suburb robbed
London: A Hindu temple and a priest
visiting from India in a London suburb have been robbed of
thousands of pounds worth of jewellery and cash, reports said.
The incident happened in the early hours of July 7 in
Thornton Heath, when at least three men reportedly forced
their way into the temple, desecrating the worship area by
stealing religious jewellery, gold chains and pendants.
After stealing cash from the donation box, the thieves
broke into a temple office, waking up a visiting priest from
India asleep in the bedroom next door.
The unnamed priest, in his 40s, was injured as the
thieves snatched a gold chain with a pendant from his neck,
the reports said.
The Croydon police have appealed to the public for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'