Hindu temple in London suburb robbed
London: A Hindu temple and a priest
visiting from India in a London suburb have been robbed of
thousands of pounds worth of jewellery and cash, reports said.
The incident happened in the early hours of July 7 in
Thornton Heath, when at least three men reportedly forced
their way into the temple, desecrating the worship area by
stealing religious jewellery, gold chains and pendants.
After stealing cash from the donation box, the thieves
broke into a temple office, waking up a visiting priest from
India asleep in the bedroom next door.
The unnamed priest, in his 40s, was injured as the
thieves snatched a gold chain with a pendant from his neck,
the reports said.
The Croydon police have appealed to the public for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred