‘Hindu temple remnants used to construct Babri Masjid’
New Delhi: Remnants of demolished Hindu temples were used to build the Babri Masjid, Justice Dharam Veer Sharma of the Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High Court
has held and cited evidence provided by the ASI to support the findings.
"On the basis of circumstantial evidence, historical accounts, gazetteers 361 and other epigraphical documents, it is established that after demolishing the temple the disputed
structure was constructed as a mosque and even pillars of the old temple were re-used which contained the images of Hindu Gods and Goddesses against the tenets of Islam," he said in his judgement yesterday.
"Thus, the circumstantial evidence totally contradicts the assertion of Muslims. I have already referred the oral evidence, adduced by the parties in Annexure No.5. I conclude
that the oral evidence led by Muslims is not trustworthy. Thus the circumstantial evidence conclusively establish the claim of Hindus about the destruction of old temple and construction of Babri Mosque at the site of the temple which is corroborated by the expert evidence of ASI"
According to the Judge, of the 265 inscriptions found on 6.12.1992 after demolition of the disputed structure along with other architectural remains leave no room for doubt that
the inscription is written in the script of Dev Nagri of 11th and 12 century.
"I have also referred English translation of 20 line inscription of Dr KB Ramesh. The aforesaid circumstantial evidence supported by other epigraphical documents are the
most valuable evidence which fully corroborate the version of Hindus and belies the version of Muslim that the mosque was not constructed, after demolishing any temple," the Judge said.
The Judge said on the basis of the opinion of the experts, evidence on record, circumstantial evidence and historical account from all or any angle, it transpires that
the temple was demolished and the mosque was constructed at the site of the old Hindu temple by Mir Baqi at the command of Babur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside