Hindu terror: Naidu says Congress should look within itself
New Delhi: Attacking Congress over Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s `Hindu terror` statement, BJP on Sunday said the ruling party should first look withing itself as one of their own leaders was sentenced to 20 years in jail in the Surat blast case.
"Former Gujarat minister Mohammed Surti of the Congress party was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in jail for his involvement in the 1993 Surat blasts case. Can Congress say it is encouraging terrorism as one of their ministers has been convicted," BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said at a function here.
Naidu also referred to Digvijay Singh`s stand on the Batla House encounter case and said Congress has failed to tackle terrorism on all fronts because of its "wrong policies".
BJP will confront the government both within and outside the Parliament during the Budget Session demanding Shinde`s resignation, he said.
The main opposition party has slammed the Home Minster for his remarks on saffron terrorism and his accusation on it and RSS of conducting terror training camps to spread Hindu terrorism in the country.
Naidu said Shinde`s remarks has not only made Pakistan "happier" which is aiding and abetting terrorism from across the border, but terrorist outfits like Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed are also elated.
"Because of the Congress party`s weak policies, Pakistan is harbouring terrorism. It has come to know that Congress will not do anything to stop it," he said.
The BJP leader expressed confidence that his party would come back to power after the next general elections.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today