Hindu terror: Naidu says Congress should look within itself
New Delhi: Attacking Congress over Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s `Hindu terror` statement, BJP on Sunday said the ruling party should first look withing itself as one of their own leaders was sentenced to 20 years in jail in the Surat blast case.
"Former Gujarat minister Mohammed Surti of the Congress party was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in jail for his involvement in the 1993 Surat blasts case. Can Congress say it is encouraging terrorism as one of their ministers has been convicted," BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said at a function here.
Naidu also referred to Digvijay Singh`s stand on the Batla House encounter case and said Congress has failed to tackle terrorism on all fronts because of its "wrong policies".
BJP will confront the government both within and outside the Parliament during the Budget Session demanding Shinde`s resignation, he said.
The main opposition party has slammed the Home Minster for his remarks on saffron terrorism and his accusation on it and RSS of conducting terror training camps to spread Hindu terrorism in the country.
Naidu said Shinde`s remarks has not only made Pakistan "happier" which is aiding and abetting terrorism from across the border, but terrorist outfits like Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed are also elated.
"Because of the Congress party`s weak policies, Pakistan is harbouring terrorism. It has come to know that Congress will not do anything to stop it," he said.
The BJP leader expressed confidence that his party would come back to power after the next general elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged