‘Hindu terror’ remarks: HC to hear PIL against Shinde
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court will on Tuesday hear a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his controversial remarks on "Hindu terror".
The Home Minister, while addressing the Congress` Chintan Shivir in Jaipur on January 20, had blamed the main opposition BJP and its parent organization the RSS for running terror camps in the country.
During his speech, the Home Minister also cited an investigation report that proved BJP and RSS were supporting terrorism.
"Training camps of both BJP and RSS are promoting Hindu terrorism. Whether it is Samjhauta Express blast or Mecca Masjid blast or Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities," he had said.
His ‘Hindu terror’ remarks evoked sharp criticism from several quarters, including BJP and RSS, and a criminal complaint was also filed against him.
The BJP slammed Shinde and said his statement on terror reflects his anti-Hindu mindset.
The BJP and the RSS also demanded an apology from Shinde and the Congress party. The main opposition party also launched a nationwide agitation against Shinde’s remarks, which was led by its newly elected president Rajnath Singh.
BJP had recently demanded that sedition charge be pressed on Shinde. The main opposition party argued, “What Shinde has done is inexcusable. He has acted more like Pakistan`s agent and not as our Home Minister. A case of sedition should be filed against him. He should resign from office."
The newly-appointed BJP chief Rajnath Singh threatened to disrupt the Budget Session if no action is taken against Shinde for making such derogatory remarks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview