Hindu terror row: BJP seeks Shinde’s removal, RSS says he`s `darling` of terrorists
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde’s claims on ‘Hindu terror’ has triggered a huge political controversy with the BJP on Monday accused the Congress of indulging in vote bank politics and demanded resignation of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
“What is the meaning of joining Hindu and saffron colour with terror? It is a downright insult of India’s spiritual, cultural and civilisational heritage. Hindus has always been generous… India is secular because Hindus respect the other view,” party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
“Saffron is the beacon of India’s spiritual and religious heritage, what is the intention behind linking saffron with terror?” he added.
“Forces in Pakistan will be the happiest today; Pakistan is always in a mode of denial, whether it is 26/112 or attack on the border, they will say look at what your home minister is saying,” Prasad said, adding, “When SIMI or Indian Mujahideen was banned, did we ever say it is Muslim terror? A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of his faith.”
Referring to the Sethu Samudram row, the senior BJP leader demanded an answer from Congress president Sonia Gandhi on what he termed as the repeated hurtful attacks on Hindu sentiments always.
“The BJP will not tolerate the use of Hindu terror or saffron terror in India. Sushilkumar Shinde must be sacked and PM and Sonia must tender unconditional apology,” he said.
Prasad also slammed Congress Digvijay Singh for his comments linking RSS with terror, while also accusing the Congress of indulging in vote bank politics.
“These are copy book cases on rank vote bank politics on terrorism and questioned the delay by the government in deciding on the mercy plea of Afzal Guru and its alleged slow response on the issue of illegal immigration,” he said.
He also announced that the BJP will launch a nationwide protest against UPA government on January 24 against Sushilkumar Shinde.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Sunday alleged that the training camps run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) were promoting Hindu terrorism. He also alleged that the RSS and the BJP were behind the Samjhauta Express, Meccca Masjid and Malegaon blasts.
Shinde said, "Training camps of both the BJP and the RSS are promoting Hindu terrorism. Whether it is Samjhauta blast or Mecca Masjid blast or Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities."
BJP also said the Home Minister`s comments will also help Pakistan use it against India as it has always been in denial mode about flow of terrorism from its territory.
The Opposition party said Shinde`s remarks could also have a serious and adverse affect on the government`s relationship with the opposition in Parliament which had led to deadlock on many occasions in the past. Shinde is the leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
Meanwhile RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav charged Shinde with politicising and communalising terrorist incidents in the country and wondered if his remarks were aimed at influencing investigations in the bomb blast cases.
"It is unpardonable. We take strong exception to it," Madhav said.
Madhav had earlier tweeted, "Today Jamat ud Dawa etc congratulated Shinde. Now he has become the darling of real terrorists. It is Shinde who is helping our enemies by such statements. Now even LeT welcomed his statement I am told."
With terrorist outfits lauding Shinde`s statements in Pakistan, the RSS leader said, "The whole world has seen the consequence of this utterly careless and insensitive statement of the Home Minister calling Hindus as terrorists."
With Agencies inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues