Hindu terror row: BJP seeks Shinde’s removal, RSS says he`s `darling` of terrorists
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde’s claims on ‘Hindu terror’ has triggered a huge political controversy with the BJP on Monday accused the Congress of indulging in vote bank politics and demanded resignation of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
“What is the meaning of joining Hindu and saffron colour with terror? It is a downright insult of India’s spiritual, cultural and civilisational heritage. Hindus has always been generous… India is secular because Hindus respect the other view,” party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
“Saffron is the beacon of India’s spiritual and religious heritage, what is the intention behind linking saffron with terror?” he added.
“Forces in Pakistan will be the happiest today; Pakistan is always in a mode of denial, whether it is 26/112 or attack on the border, they will say look at what your home minister is saying,” Prasad said, adding, “When SIMI or Indian Mujahideen was banned, did we ever say it is Muslim terror? A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of his faith.”
Referring to the Sethu Samudram row, the senior BJP leader demanded an answer from Congress president Sonia Gandhi on what he termed as the repeated hurtful attacks on Hindu sentiments always.
“The BJP will not tolerate the use of Hindu terror or saffron terror in India. Sushilkumar Shinde must be sacked and PM and Sonia must tender unconditional apology,” he said.
Prasad also slammed Congress Digvijay Singh for his comments linking RSS with terror, while also accusing the Congress of indulging in vote bank politics.
“These are copy book cases on rank vote bank politics on terrorism and questioned the delay by the government in deciding on the mercy plea of Afzal Guru and its alleged slow response on the issue of illegal immigration,” he said.
He also announced that the BJP will launch a nationwide protest against UPA government on January 24 against Sushilkumar Shinde.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Sunday alleged that the training camps run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) were promoting Hindu terrorism. He also alleged that the RSS and the BJP were behind the Samjhauta Express, Meccca Masjid and Malegaon blasts.
Shinde said, "Training camps of both the BJP and the RSS are promoting Hindu terrorism. Whether it is Samjhauta blast or Mecca Masjid blast or Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities."
BJP also said the Home Minister`s comments will also help Pakistan use it against India as it has always been in denial mode about flow of terrorism from its territory.
The Opposition party said Shinde`s remarks could also have a serious and adverse affect on the government`s relationship with the opposition in Parliament which had led to deadlock on many occasions in the past. Shinde is the leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
Meanwhile RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav charged Shinde with politicising and communalising terrorist incidents in the country and wondered if his remarks were aimed at influencing investigations in the bomb blast cases.
"It is unpardonable. We take strong exception to it," Madhav said.
Madhav had earlier tweeted, "Today Jamat ud Dawa etc congratulated Shinde. Now he has become the darling of real terrorists. It is Shinde who is helping our enemies by such statements. Now even LeT welcomed his statement I am told."
With terrorist outfits lauding Shinde`s statements in Pakistan, the RSS leader said, "The whole world has seen the consequence of this utterly careless and insensitive statement of the Home Minister calling Hindus as terrorists."
With Agencies inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe