Hindu terror row: BJP seeks Shinde’s removal, RSS says he`s `darling` of terrorists
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde’s claims on ‘Hindu terror’ has triggered a huge political controversy with the BJP on Monday accused the Congress of indulging in vote bank politics and demanded resignation of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
“What is the meaning of joining Hindu and saffron colour with terror? It is a downright insult of India’s spiritual, cultural and civilisational heritage. Hindus has always been generous… India is secular because Hindus respect the other view,” party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
“Saffron is the beacon of India’s spiritual and religious heritage, what is the intention behind linking saffron with terror?” he added.
“Forces in Pakistan will be the happiest today; Pakistan is always in a mode of denial, whether it is 26/112 or attack on the border, they will say look at what your home minister is saying,” Prasad said, adding, “When SIMI or Indian Mujahideen was banned, did we ever say it is Muslim terror? A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of his faith.”
Referring to the Sethu Samudram row, the senior BJP leader demanded an answer from Congress president Sonia Gandhi on what he termed as the repeated hurtful attacks on Hindu sentiments always.
“The BJP will not tolerate the use of Hindu terror or saffron terror in India. Sushilkumar Shinde must be sacked and PM and Sonia must tender unconditional apology,” he said.
Prasad also slammed Congress Digvijay Singh for his comments linking RSS with terror, while also accusing the Congress of indulging in vote bank politics.
“These are copy book cases on rank vote bank politics on terrorism and questioned the delay by the government in deciding on the mercy plea of Afzal Guru and its alleged slow response on the issue of illegal immigration,” he said.
He also announced that the BJP will launch a nationwide protest against UPA government on January 24 against Sushilkumar Shinde.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Sunday alleged that the training camps run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) were promoting Hindu terrorism. He also alleged that the RSS and the BJP were behind the Samjhauta Express, Meccca Masjid and Malegaon blasts.
Shinde said, "Training camps of both the BJP and the RSS are promoting Hindu terrorism. Whether it is Samjhauta blast or Mecca Masjid blast or Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities."
BJP also said the Home Minister`s comments will also help Pakistan use it against India as it has always been in denial mode about flow of terrorism from its territory.
The Opposition party said Shinde`s remarks could also have a serious and adverse affect on the government`s relationship with the opposition in Parliament which had led to deadlock on many occasions in the past. Shinde is the leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
Meanwhile RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav charged Shinde with politicising and communalising terrorist incidents in the country and wondered if his remarks were aimed at influencing investigations in the bomb blast cases.
"It is unpardonable. We take strong exception to it," Madhav said.
Madhav had earlier tweeted, "Today Jamat ud Dawa etc congratulated Shinde. Now he has become the darling of real terrorists. It is Shinde who is helping our enemies by such statements. Now even LeT welcomed his statement I am told."
With terrorist outfits lauding Shinde`s statements in Pakistan, the RSS leader said, "The whole world has seen the consequence of this utterly careless and insensitive statement of the Home Minister calling Hindus as terrorists."
With Agencies inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp