Hindus acclaim Archbishop`s Diwali greetings
Nevada: Hindus have applauded Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby for his greetings "to Hindu communities on the occasion of Diwali", wishing "great peace and joy".
In his message, Welby said: "The lights of Diwali symbolise the renewal of life and hope in the midst of darkness so often prevalent in our world."
Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada on Sunday, welcomed Archbishop`s message, a copy of which was sent to Zed by Tess Young, Welby`s Inter Religious Affairs Team Assistant.
Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism, stressed all religions should work together for a just and peaceful world. He urged Welby to explore the rich philosophy which Hindu scriptures offered.
Archbishop Welby, based in London, is the senior most bishop of the worldwide Anglicans, a Christian denomination, who number around 85 million and spread over 165 countries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav