Hindus, Muslims in Varanasi offer prayers to ensure Narendra Modi`s victory
Varanasi: Muslims and Hindus held special prayers on Saturday in Varanasi for Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s to ensure his victory in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The two communities also organised special prayers for Modi to be named as a nominee from the Varanasi constituency.
"Workers of Bharatiya Janata Party are very excited, as Narendra Modi is going be named as the candidate from Varanasi. We are praying so, that no new issue arises in naming him as a candidate from Varanasi," said priest, Tilak Raj Mishra.
Meanwhile, Chief of Muslim Woman Foundation, Nazneen Ansari said that if Modi is named as nominee from the constituency, then the city would become another role model of development.
"We are waiting for the announcement of Modi to be as candidate from Varanasi. We are praying for him for that. If he will fight election from here then Varanasi will become role of development for the world," said Ansari.
Modi has been touring the country to garner support ahead of the upcoming general elections.
BJP`s strong showing in the recent assembly polls in four states has boosted the momentum for Modi in the run-up to the parliamentary elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living