Hindus, Muslims in Varanasi offer prayers to ensure Narendra Modi`s victory
Varanasi: Muslims and Hindus held special prayers on Saturday in Varanasi for Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s to ensure his victory in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The two communities also organised special prayers for Modi to be named as a nominee from the Varanasi constituency.
"Workers of Bharatiya Janata Party are very excited, as Narendra Modi is going be named as the candidate from Varanasi. We are praying so, that no new issue arises in naming him as a candidate from Varanasi," said priest, Tilak Raj Mishra.
Meanwhile, Chief of Muslim Woman Foundation, Nazneen Ansari said that if Modi is named as nominee from the constituency, then the city would become another role model of development.
"We are waiting for the announcement of Modi to be as candidate from Varanasi. We are praying for him for that. If he will fight election from here then Varanasi will become role of development for the world," said Ansari.
Modi has been touring the country to garner support ahead of the upcoming general elections.
BJP`s strong showing in the recent assembly polls in four states has boosted the momentum for Modi in the run-up to the parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump