Hindus, Muslims in Varanasi offer prayers to ensure Narendra Modi`s victory
Varanasi: Muslims and Hindus held special prayers on Saturday in Varanasi for Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s to ensure his victory in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The two communities also organised special prayers for Modi to be named as a nominee from the Varanasi constituency.
"Workers of Bharatiya Janata Party are very excited, as Narendra Modi is going be named as the candidate from Varanasi. We are praying so, that no new issue arises in naming him as a candidate from Varanasi," said priest, Tilak Raj Mishra.
Meanwhile, Chief of Muslim Woman Foundation, Nazneen Ansari said that if Modi is named as nominee from the constituency, then the city would become another role model of development.
"We are waiting for the announcement of Modi to be as candidate from Varanasi. We are praying for him for that. If he will fight election from here then Varanasi will become role of development for the world," said Ansari.
Modi has been touring the country to garner support ahead of the upcoming general elections.
BJP`s strong showing in the recent assembly polls in four states has boosted the momentum for Modi in the run-up to the parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!