Hindus, Muslims in Varanasi offer prayers to ensure Narendra Modi`s victory
Varanasi: Muslims and Hindus held special prayers on Saturday in Varanasi for Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s to ensure his victory in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The two communities also organised special prayers for Modi to be named as a nominee from the Varanasi constituency.
"Workers of Bharatiya Janata Party are very excited, as Narendra Modi is going be named as the candidate from Varanasi. We are praying so, that no new issue arises in naming him as a candidate from Varanasi," said priest, Tilak Raj Mishra.
Meanwhile, Chief of Muslim Woman Foundation, Nazneen Ansari said that if Modi is named as nominee from the constituency, then the city would become another role model of development.
"We are waiting for the announcement of Modi to be as candidate from Varanasi. We are praying for him for that. If he will fight election from here then Varanasi will become role of development for the world," said Ansari.
Modi has been touring the country to garner support ahead of the upcoming general elections.
BJP`s strong showing in the recent assembly polls in four states has boosted the momentum for Modi in the run-up to the parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services