Hindustani accuses Govt of trying to frame him
New Delhi: Suhail Hindustani, who was arrested in connection with the cash-for-vote scam, on Friday alleged that the government was trying to frame him in the
"I am innocent. The government is trying to trap me. Truth will prevail," Hindustani said as he was being taken to a court.
He was today confronted with former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh, who was summoned for questioning by Delhi police in connection with the case.
Singh, the then general secretary of Samajwadi Party, is accused of sending bribe money to win over three BJP lawmakers during the 2008 trust vote.
Hindustani allegedly acted as a liaison between Singh and BJP MPs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed