Hindutva forces will form next government: Singhal
Kolkata: The next government at the Centre will be formed on the strength of the Hindutava forces and BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi could be a `catalyst` in it, VHP president Ashok Singhal said on Wednesday.
"The government after 2014 elections will be formed with the support of Hindutva forces. Narendra Modi may be a catalyst," Singhal told reporters here.
When asked whom would he prefer as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate - Modi or Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, the VHP leader said "It is for BJP to decide. I cannot comment on it. It (BJP) will have to choose an able person who will take the Hindu society forward.”
Singhal had during a programme in Allahabad last month said Modi enjoyed the same popularity as the country`s first prime minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!