Hindutva forces will form next government: Singhal
Kolkata: The next government at the Centre will be formed on the strength of the Hindutava forces and BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi could be a `catalyst` in it, VHP president Ashok Singhal said on Wednesday.
"The government after 2014 elections will be formed with the support of Hindutva forces. Narendra Modi may be a catalyst," Singhal told reporters here.
When asked whom would he prefer as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate - Modi or Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, the VHP leader said "It is for BJP to decide. I cannot comment on it. It (BJP) will have to choose an able person who will take the Hindu society forward.”
Singhal had during a programme in Allahabad last month said Modi enjoyed the same popularity as the country`s first prime minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?