Hindutva forces will form next government: Singhal
Kolkata: The next government at the Centre will be formed on the strength of the Hindutava forces and BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi could be a `catalyst` in it, VHP president Ashok Singhal said on Wednesday.
"The government after 2014 elections will be formed with the support of Hindutva forces. Narendra Modi may be a catalyst," Singhal told reporters here.
When asked whom would he prefer as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate - Modi or Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, the VHP leader said "It is for BJP to decide. I cannot comment on it. It (BJP) will have to choose an able person who will take the Hindu society forward.”
Singhal had during a programme in Allahabad last month said Modi enjoyed the same popularity as the country`s first prime minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll