Hindutva forces will form next government: Singhal
Kolkata: The next government at the Centre will be formed on the strength of the Hindutava forces and BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi could be a `catalyst` in it, VHP president Ashok Singhal said on Wednesday.
"The government after 2014 elections will be formed with the support of Hindutva forces. Narendra Modi may be a catalyst," Singhal told reporters here.
When asked whom would he prefer as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate - Modi or Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, the VHP leader said "It is for BJP to decide. I cannot comment on it. It (BJP) will have to choose an able person who will take the Hindu society forward.”
Singhal had during a programme in Allahabad last month said Modi enjoyed the same popularity as the country`s first prime minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31