Hindutva forces will form next government: Singhal
Kolkata: The next government at the Centre will be formed on the strength of the Hindutava forces and BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi could be a `catalyst` in it, VHP president Ashok Singhal said on Wednesday.
"The government after 2014 elections will be formed with the support of Hindutva forces. Narendra Modi may be a catalyst," Singhal told reporters here.
When asked whom would he prefer as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate - Modi or Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, the VHP leader said "It is for BJP to decide. I cannot comment on it. It (BJP) will have to choose an able person who will take the Hindu society forward.”
Singhal had during a programme in Allahabad last month said Modi enjoyed the same popularity as the country`s first prime minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP