Hindutva, sheet anchor of RSS ideology: Ram Madhav
New Delhi: RSS on Monday said Hindutva was the "sheet anchor" of its ideological movement and sought to put to rest the criticism targeted at senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley over a WikiLeaks cable that claimed he had described
as "opportunistic" his party`s approach to the issue.
"I think the BJP leadership has also clarified about their ideological position. As far as we are concerned, Hindutva is the sheet anchor of our ideological movement," senior RSS leader Ram Madhav said here.
He was replying to questions on RSS` view on the claim made in the WikiLeaks cable.
WikiLeaks cables, first accessed by `The Hindu`, had reported that Robert Blake of the US Embassy had conveyed to his government, after a meeting with Jaitley on May 6, 2005, that "Jaitley argued that Hindu nationalism `will always be a
talking point` for the BJP. However, he characterised this as an opportunistic issue."
Jaitley has, however, maintained that he had not used the word "opportunistic", while Congress attacked him saying those living in glass houses should not throw stones at others.
Madhav said that the BJP leader had already clarified that he had not used the word "opportunistic" and the matter ended there.
"For every swayamsevak, it is a matter of faith that Hindutva is the core identity of our nation," the RSS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today