Hindutva, sheet anchor of RSS ideology: Ram Madhav
New Delhi: RSS on Monday said Hindutva was the "sheet anchor" of its ideological movement and sought to put to rest the criticism targeted at senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley over a WikiLeaks cable that claimed he had described
as "opportunistic" his party`s approach to the issue.
"I think the BJP leadership has also clarified about their ideological position. As far as we are concerned, Hindutva is the sheet anchor of our ideological movement," senior RSS leader Ram Madhav said here.
He was replying to questions on RSS` view on the claim made in the WikiLeaks cable.
WikiLeaks cables, first accessed by `The Hindu`, had reported that Robert Blake of the US Embassy had conveyed to his government, after a meeting with Jaitley on May 6, 2005, that "Jaitley argued that Hindu nationalism `will always be a
talking point` for the BJP. However, he characterised this as an opportunistic issue."
Jaitley has, however, maintained that he had not used the word "opportunistic", while Congress attacked him saying those living in glass houses should not throw stones at others.
Madhav said that the BJP leader had already clarified that he had not used the word "opportunistic" and the matter ended there.
"For every swayamsevak, it is a matter of faith that Hindutva is the core identity of our nation," the RSS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP