Hindutva, sheet anchor of RSS ideology: Ram Madhav
New Delhi: RSS on Monday said Hindutva was the "sheet anchor" of its ideological movement and sought to put to rest the criticism targeted at senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley over a WikiLeaks cable that claimed he had described
as "opportunistic" his party`s approach to the issue.
"I think the BJP leadership has also clarified about their ideological position. As far as we are concerned, Hindutva is the sheet anchor of our ideological movement," senior RSS leader Ram Madhav said here.
He was replying to questions on RSS` view on the claim made in the WikiLeaks cable.
WikiLeaks cables, first accessed by `The Hindu`, had reported that Robert Blake of the US Embassy had conveyed to his government, after a meeting with Jaitley on May 6, 2005, that "Jaitley argued that Hindu nationalism `will always be a
talking point` for the BJP. However, he characterised this as an opportunistic issue."
Jaitley has, however, maintained that he had not used the word "opportunistic", while Congress attacked him saying those living in glass houses should not throw stones at others.
Madhav said that the BJP leader had already clarified that he had not used the word "opportunistic" and the matter ended there.
"For every swayamsevak, it is a matter of faith that Hindutva is the core identity of our nation," the RSS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC